Beard balms are favorite among men who love to ace the beard game.
To tame your rough and knotty facial mane, buy the best beard balm from a reputed brand infused with herbal ingredients.
Beard often suffers the same problems as the head hair fighting dandruff, itchiness, and rough texture.
All these indicate a lack of natural oils due to excess heat treatment or concerning health factors.
A good quality beard balm acts just like the beard oil adding moisture and shine to your facial strands without any stickiness so that you can flaunt your problem-free shinier beard confidently.
Commercial beard balms harm your beard more than treating it right.
That’s why we have reviewed 5 top beard balm brands and mentioned the pros and cons of each so that you can make the right choice.
Let’s get started.
- 5 Best Bear Balm for Men (Comparison Chart)
- Highlight, Pros, and Cons of Each Beard Balm In Detail
- 6 Other Beard Balms You Can Go For
- Frequently Asked Questions On Beard Balm
- Final Thoughts
Please note that few links are Amazon affiliate links. We earn a small commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. This helps us to support our blog and gives us the motivation to produce helpful and in-depth articles to serve you better. Everything on our website is based on the thorough research which we have done through online sources and our own experiences. Thank you for your support.
5 Best Bear Balm for Men (Comparison Chart)
Honest Amish Balm Leave-In Conditioner For Coarse BeardHighly Recommended
Grow Alpha Beard Styling BalmDecent Product
Professor Fuzzworthy’s Leave-In Balm ConditionerGood Product
Rocky Mountain BarberValue for Money
Viking Revolution Beard Balm with Bay Rum ScentRecommended
Highlight, Pros, and Cons of Each Beard Balm In Detail
Honest Amish Balm Leave-In Conditioner For Coarse Beard
Made from the finest natural ingredients, this balm helps to treat a myriad of beard issues making it soft, silky, and flakes-free.
Try it out to see the visible effect in just a few days of regular application.
Grow Alpha Beard Styling Balm
One of the most used and recommended beard and mustache styling balm with organic elements.
A complete grease-free formula in a pocket-friendly tin can that you can carry anywhere to tame your manly mane.
Professor Fuzzworthy’s Leave-In Balm Conditioner
Growing a lustrous beard is no more a challenge with this best beard styling balm at the best price.
Treat your coarse mane in a gentler way applying this rich soft wax that smells distinctively manly complimenting your bearded look.
Rocky Mountain Barber
Whatever is your beard type or length, this herbal balm from Rocky Mountain Barber is the best addition to your beard grooming kit.
Proudly flaunt amazing looking beard to turn head wherever you hit.
Viking Revolution Beard Balm with Bay Rum Scent
One of the best rated beard balm for giving your beard the deep nourishment for healthy growth with Bay Rum scent especially crafted for your facial mane.
Just scrape a pea size amount on your palm and gently apply from root to tip for a lustrous beard.
6 Other Beard Balms You Can Go For
Hoot’s Naturals For Damaged Hair
- Infused with rich essential oil to heal damaged and coarse beard.
- An unscented organic balm for beard and mustache.
- Hygienically packed in a 4oz screw-top jar.
- Best beard balm for coarse beard rich in essential oils for extra nourishment in treating dandruff and itchiness.
- Promotes thicker facial hair growth.
- Greatly nourishes facial skin with its vitamin E and antioxidants.
- A cruelty-free handmade solid balm.
- Makes facial hair softer and shinier.
- Comes with an included plastic comb.
- Worth the price.
King C. Gillette Soft Beard Balm
- Formulated with the best of shea butter, cocoa butter, and argan oil.
- One of the best scented beard balm that smells mild yet manly.
- Dual utility as a leave-on balm or as a wash-off mask.
- A lightweight non-sticky formula that evenly spreads along each strand.
- Has a soft creamy texture, very easy to glide over.
- A solid balm available at a decent price.
- Equally moisturizes your facial skin leaving a radiant glow.
Shea Moisture Men’s Balm For Dull Beard
- The perfect recipe for dull beard crafted with castor seed oil, coconut oil, shea butter, and grape seed oil.
- Organic formula to tame rough and unmanageable hair.
- Its shea butter and maracuja oil greatly smoothen lifeless beard.
- Its non-greasy formula balances your everyday beard look without any heaviness.
- A decent smelling beard balm that perfectly tames the frizzes.
- Adds shine and sheen to the dull beard with its impressive contents.
- Adequate amount in a pocket-friendly package.
Grave Before Shave Bay Rum Scent
- Comes in a 2oz of a pocket-friendly tin can.
- Infused with nature’s best coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax, tea tree oil, apricot oil, and sweet almond oil.
- Rich aloe formulation for effective moisturization of your facial skin and hair.
- Greatly nourishes and conditions your manly mane.
- Imparts a protecting coat on each hair against harsh effects and pollution.
- Has a shelf life of a maximum of 2 years from the date of purchase.
- Refreshing Bay rum fragrance.
Bulldog Men’s Skincare and Grooming
- A solid balm suitable for all bead types.
- Infused with great moisturizing and softening properties.
- Rich creamy texture that smoothly glides over your entire beard.
- A non-greasy and fast-absorbing balm suited for a thicker beard.
- Effectively reduces dryness and itchiness.
- One of the best beard balm for short, medium, or long beards.
- Free from harsh chemicals, artificial colors, and synthetic fragrance.
- Bulldog solid balm is not tested on animals.
- An inexpensive formula for visible smooth hair.
- Mild smelling balm that keeps you fresh all day long.
Honest Amish Balm And Conditioner
- Honest Amish beard balm is handcrafted in the USA with nature’s finest.
- Effective rich formulation in taming frizzy strands in no time.
- Includes no artificial fragrance and ingredients.
- Specially designed for all beard types.
- Rich natural wax that deeply conditions each strand with a protective layer against dryness.
- Packed in a 2-ounce pocket-friendly container.
- Greatly moisturizes each hair follicle with its skin-safe ingredients.
- Has a decent smell with a desirable lasting effect.
Frequently Asked Questions On Beard Balm
What is beard balm?
If an unruly beard is ruining your moments, revive it back using the best beard balm products from trusted brands.
Among the trending beard care products, men are swearing by this solid utility balm.
Bearded look is very much in and men are ready to spend whatnot for a perfectly styled look.
With so many products claiming to offer similar results, you might find yourself often sandwiched between beard butter, balm, and oil.
While oil leaves a greasy effect, beard butter needs repeated applications.
For non-sticky nourishment all day, herbal balm is the best recipe for your great-looking healthy mane.
What does beard balm do?
While a perfectly groomed beard defines your refined personality, unruly rough hair does the opposite.
To help you deal with the untamed strands, make them your trusted styling aid.
The prime purpose of the balm is to deeply condition your facial mane without any sticky texture.
If you have a patchy beard with less rough hair, experience the best results using a good quality herbal balm on daily use.
For visible effect, go for the ones we have listed in this article as they come without any synthetic ingredients as excess chemical exposure will do more bad than good.
We would highly recommend the Honest Amish listed above as it is loved by most men.
How to apply beard balm?
By following a few tricks you can confidently ace the bearded look and get the desired style for your beard. We suggest you choose the balm free from any chemicals and artificial fragrance.
Here’s the step by step process for applying beard balm:
- To begin with, wash your beard and mustache with a beard cleanser.
- Wait till the strands are dry.
- Now take a small amount into your palm and rub the balm using both hands. The heat from your hand will melt the balm.
- Now gently starts rubbing your palm down the beard length with a dab of herbal beard balm.
- Once done, detangle the strands with a wide comb from root to tip for an even and better nourishment.
- Repeat the combing for few times till each hair appears well tamed and styled.
- Soon after this process, your beard will be style-ready so that you can give it the desired makeover.
When to use beard balm?
You can use the beard balm anytime you want, to add some health and shine when your mane needs it the most.
This utility balm is a boon for men with less or no time to oil their beards and wait for the shower.
Balm infused with herbal extracts deeply conditions and provides extra nourishment and that too without any stickiness.
Due to its non-sticky smoothening effect, you can apply the balm before bedtime and in the morning before leaving for the day.
How often to use beard balm?
Caring for your whiskers is just a balm away.
If you own a well-shaped short beard, regular combing is enough for a daily sculpted look.
While managing a mid-length and long beard requires additional care, you can use it daily depending on your schedule or leave your mane as it is to let it breathe without any coating.
However, if you apply daily it will make your beard manageable and lustrous without any salon visits, especially if you have a coarse beard.
How much beard balm to use?
Knotty strands are quite common among mid and long-bearded men.
For proper grooming of a short beard, a dab of balm will do the job, while scraping a dollop out to tame your mid or long-beard.
After the application, brushing with a wooden beard comb will evenly condition each of your beard hair.
Regular application of a good quality balm alone solves your multiple beard issues making it softer and shinier without any dryness and flakes.
If you are looking for an alternative to frequent salon visits, beard balms are your perfect solution.
They not only help in taming your beard but also give the desired style while nourishing your facial skin, preventing irritation, beardruff and contributing to beard growth.
Most beard balms listed above come in a compact container so that you can carry them with you.
Walk-in with confidence and make an impactful entrance on your first date by enhancing your bearded look.
We hope that this review and buying guide will help you choose the best beard balm to ace the beard game.