Yes, the market is brimming with portable ice maker machines for freezing ice faster.
It is a reliable device that makes ice in the shortest possible time anywhere and relieves you of the stress of worrying about the ice cubes.
All you need is some water and the maker will do the work of generating ice cubes whether you need it for your home or outdoor activities.
The latest models are smarter, energy-efficient, and economical.
You can easily add the ice maker to your camping backpack or backyard parties for instant access to those chilled cubes elevating the taste of your favorite drinks and for other emergency purposes.
Help yourself in selecting the best portable ice maker from the below review and buying guide.
- 5 Best Portable Ice Maker Kitchen & Outdoor Appliance (Comparison Chart)
- Highlights, Pros, and Cons of Each Ice Maker In Detail
- 6 Other Ice Makers, You Can Consider Buying
- Frequently Asked Questions on Portable Ice Maker
- How to choose the best portable ice maker?
- Can I leave a portable ice maker on all the time?
- Do portable ice makers consume a lot of electricity?
- How much electricity does a portable ice maker use?
- Can a portable ice maker keep ice frozen?
- How to clean a portable ice maker?
- How often should you clean a portable ice maker?
- How does a portable ice maker work?
- How to use a portable ice maker?
- How to reset portable ice maker?
- Final Thoughts
Please note that few links are Amazon affiliate links. We earn a small commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. This helps us to support our blog and gives us the motivation to produce helpful and in-depth articles to serve you better. Everything on our website is based on the thorough research which we have done through online sources and our own experiences. Thank you for your support.
5 Best Portable Ice Maker Kitchen & Outdoor Appliance (Comparison Chart)
LITBOOS Portable Ice Maker Machine CountertopHighly Recommended
Prime Home Electric CountertopGood Product
Brightown Countertop Ice Maker Machine Decent Product
NewAir Portable Ice Maker CountertopRecommended
Frigidaire EFIC108-B-BlackValue for Money
5 Best Hydration Pack For Running – Your Perfect Traveling Companion
5 Best Camping Stove For Your Upcoming Adventure Trip
5 Best Silicone Travel Bottles in 2021 – A Must-Have Item For Every Traveler
Highlights, Pros, and Cons of Each Ice Maker In Detail
LITBOOS Portable Ice Maker Machine Countertop
Whatever is the occasion, get this trusted companion from LITBOOS for instant ice when needed.
One of the best portable ice makers for camping in the market ideal for outdoor activities, parties, and trips.
Prime Home Electric Countertop
What else do you need if you own this portable ice maker machine to make the best of your family party time?
Designed with simplicity, this kitchen appliance is the best deal to seal the ultimate purpose while reducing power expenses.
Brightown Countertop Ice Maker Machine
Whether it’s about beating the heat or instant relief from swollen pain and injuries get instant ice that tastes just like ice from this countertop ice maker that does what it claims.
NewAir Portable Ice Maker Countertop
This is the second-best portable ice maker that you can use for camping or other outdoor activities.
Based on users’ rating this kitchen appliance is a must-buy for your next house party and gatherings.
Featuring simple features it produces faster and easier ice in no time.
Get crystal clear ice cubes with this ice maker.
This affordable home product is perfect for both small and large kitchens.
The ice produced by this portable machine looks great floating on party drinks and cocktails.
A super-efficient portable unit by Frigidaires.
Now, never run out of ice with this ice maker around the corner.
6 Other Ice Makers, You Can Consider Buying
Igloo ICEB26HNWHN Self Cleaning Ice Machine
- This Igloo portable ice maker is available in multiple color options and prices.
- Compact and portable with a carry handle on top.
- Transparent lid for easy viewing.
- 26 pounds of excellent ice-making capacity in 24 hours.
- Self-maintenance with 5 cycles of cleaning.
- Large ice bucket with a storing capacity of 1.25 pounds at a time.
- This portable machine makes 9 small or cylindrical-shaped ice in just 7 minutes.
- Features a user-friendly LED panel with brilliant specifications.
- Silent operation.
Magic Chef Portable Ice Maker
- 27lbs of ice making capacity in just 24 hours.
- Magic Chef portable ice maker offers 2-way ice size selection options.
- Get the instant ice size of your choice in just 7 minutes.
- Made from premium quality durable plastic painted in striking red.
- Compact, lightweight, and extremely portable.
- Comes with a see-through window with an exterior outlet.
- Effortless storage of 1.5lb of ice at a time.
- Easy to use digital panel with auto control features.
Euhomy Countertop Ice Maker Machine
- Comes with adjustable ice-making features.
- Get 40 pounds of high-quality crystal cubes in 24 hours.
- Self-cleanses within 5 seconds after the TIMER being pressed.
- This portable kitchen appliance has smart auto features with a user-friendly illuminated LCD display.
- Versatile unit for home, kitchen, office, and bars.
- Reservoir with 2.2 liters of excellent water holding capacity.
- Recycles unused or melted water for ice making.
- Equipped with advanced refrigeration with efficient compressors.
- Whisper quiet cooling.
- Comes with an ice scoop ensuring hygiene.
hOmeLabs Chill Pill Countertop Ice Maker
- Countertop unit producing 26 pounds of chewable ice every day.
- 2.2 liters reservoir with 1.5 pounds of ice storing capacity at a time.
- Powered by an energy-efficient cooling compressor.
- Produces super-fast ice in just 6-8 minutes.
- An intelligent reminder that illuminates when the ice bucket is full or the machine needs refilling.
- Coupled with auto control features for complete peace of mind.
- Reuses the unused or spilled water for ice making.
- Elegant design with silent functioning.
- You can easily contact authorized sellers if you experience issues with the machine.
Igloo ICEB33BS Large-Capacity Ice Maker
- This affordable portable product designed by Igloo is available in multiple variants and elegant color options.
- Compact and easy to carry.
- Whopping 33 pounds of ice-making capacity within 24 hours.
- Houses a 2.5 quart of water reservoir.
- 2 pound of ice storing basket for sufficient supply.
- Convenient ice size choosing options.
- Instantly freezes 9 small or cylindrical ice in 7 minutes.
- This portable Igloo ice maker has a user-friendly control panel with intelligent features.
- Transparent lid for a clear view of the ice-making.
NewAir Countertop Portable Ice Maker Machine
- Available in multiple capacities and striking colors.
- Compact and portable design making it an easy fit anywhere.
- Produces 28 pounds of ice every single day.
- Get 9 pieces of chewable ice ready in just 15 minutes.
- 3 simple ice size selection options.
- Features a drain plug for easy drainage.
- Comes with a removable ice basket and a scoop for a hygienic way of ice transfer.
- Backed by a 1-year warranty with active customer assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions on Portable Ice Maker
How to choose the best portable ice maker?
Below are 8 key factors you should consider before buying an ice maker.
Durable & Quiet
Portable ice makers are meant to be lightweight to be easily carried anywhere, but always check out the durability to ensure lasting performance.
The best portable ice makers have a solid stainless steel body and make ice faster with lesser or zero sound by its quiet processor for uninterrupted party fun.
Size & Capacity
Available in a compact size for a perfect fit in your kitchen or bar countertop.
Their compactness makes them easy to port and the best one will never disappoint you performance-wise.
Equipped with 1.8 or 3 liters of tank that is sufficient enough to produce maximum cubes for any party.
Easy to Install
Installing a portable ice making machine is no rocket science.
These compact units come with instant and effortless installation and for further help, one can also consider the instruction manual.
Simply add water as required, plug into a power outlet and the cubes are ready in just a few minutes.
Easy to Clean
Go for the ice makers with convenient maintenance especially the one with an auto cleaning option.
Machines with stainless steel construction are easier to clean inside out while the auto cleaning option offers complete peace of mind for the users.
Some portable ice makers also have a draining outlet for emptying unused water.
Good quality ice makers consume a maximum of 150W to make sufficient ice.
This makes them quite an energy-efficient unit to be used at home and backyard gatherings.
Look out for the energy star certified ice-making machines that use a minimum of 120W of power without any major impact on your utility bills.
Ice Size Option
Popular ice maker brands offer various ice size options to let you select your favorite ice size for adding them into your favorite drinks and dishes.
Some machines offer only one size while some ice makers offer to choose between different ice size options as in cube and bullet form.
While buying, make sure that your favorite ice making unit comes with a commendable warranty period with an active customer support team.
Investing in a good brand or buying from a certified dealer offers cost-free services like repair and replacement in case of any manufacturing defect and damage.
The display panel is an exclusive feature in most portable ice makers.
With soothing lumen, the display panel has few key indicators facilitating convenient operation that lightens up to alert when the bucket or tank is full.
Users can also adjust certain functionalities using the panel buttons.
Can I leave a portable ice maker on all the time?
Though it is designed to offer instant cubes whenever needed, many users leave it on all the time.
But if you want to extend the life span of the unit with unmatched performance, give your portable ice maker machine a few hours of break.
Meanwhile, you can clean the bucket and tank to drain out stagnant water that can slowly hamper the ice-making speed in the long run.
Unplug the unit when you don’t need the constant supply of ice.
Do portable ice makers consume a lot of electricity?
The consumption of this home product mostly depends on its applications.
The energy certified portable ice makers do exactly as it claims.
Without making much difference to your utility bills, the ice makers consume between 120-150W of power for making sufficient ice to meet your needs.
Hence it wouldn’t be wrong to say that these portable and powerful kitchen appliance consumes much less power as compared to your refrigerator or freezer.
They make ice faster with the added advantage of easy transportation anywhere both indoors and outdoors.
How much electricity does a portable ice maker use?
The latest version of the portable ice maker machine is coupled with sensors and brilliant features that efficiently manage power consumption without affecting your utility bill.
Thankfully, they use lesser energy compared to a refrigerator or a freezer for instant ice-making.
As mentioned earlier buying an energy star-rated ice maker is a sure shot way to reduce power wastage.
The standard power usage by these portable ice makers generally ranges between 120V-220V which is quite relaxing news for the frequent party people.
Can a portable ice maker keep ice frozen?
Unfortunately, portable ice makers are not designed to keep the cubes frozen.
Even if you keep the cubes inside, they will melt to water if kept for a long duration.
Some ice maker machines will reuse the water to make ice or will drain out the unused water.
It is recommended to use all the ice cubes once the bucket is full.
Though most ice-making units come with an insulated exterior to keep the ice frozen for a while, they do not keep it intact for an extended period.
How to clean a portable ice maker?
Ice makers with stainless steel bodies are simpler to clean.
Either follow the instruction manual that comes with the device or is available online as the cleaning process may vary.
Due to extensive water use, the interior is prone to mold build-up that requires attention.
To get crystal clear and odorless cubes, pour some vinegar with water inside to loosen up the residues and clean thoroughly till the interior is completely dry and ready to make the next batch of ice.
Proper cleaning seals the longevity and performance of your ice maker.
As mentioned above, mold and bacteria formation is common in these portable kitchen appliances which need maintenance to prevent contamination.
You can either opt for the commercial ice maker cleaners or can apply these easy DIY steps to clean your ice maker:
- Keep your vinegar solution ready to start with.
- Unplug and drain out every trace of water.
- Detach the components and leave them in the vinegar solution for a while.
- Wipe smoothly inside out using a rag or a cloth.
- After thorough cleaning and drying, plugin again to repeat the ice making process a few times to get cleaner crystal cubes.
How often should you clean a portable ice maker?
For the smooth performance of your newly bought portable ice maker, it must be cleaned thoroughly after every few months.
Symptoms like tainted and smelly cubes are a warning call for a cleaning session, which if ignored can lead to food poisoning.
Various cleaning methods may be applicable for each model and hence following the user’s manual is mostly recommended.
If your ice maker is always active meeting your daily ice requirement, it needs regular maintenance to stay germ-free.
Follow the steps above to keep your ice maker clean.
How does a portable ice maker work?
The ice-making in a commercial freezer and a portable ice maker will slightly differ owing to their limited functionalities and applications.
The portable units are designed to make a limited amount of ice for home and small gatherings which works efficiently to meet domestic needs.
Here’s the step by step process of how a portable ice maker works:
- Every ice maker is fitted with a tank or a reservoir inside that needs to be filled with the water manually preferably with a jug or a faucet.
- To start with, add water into the built-in reservoir manually and leave the rest up to the maker.
- The water inside will be then get filtered automatically through a hole to strain out any impurities or particles. Filtered water falls on a tray placed at the bottom of the reservoir for making crystal-like ice.
- Right after filtration, the process of solidifying water begins with the cold metal prongs which contain refrigerants to make solid bullet ice in few minutes.
- Every ice maker has 2 inches of special prongs over the ice tray that touch the water to freeze it into cubes through the process of heat exchange.
- With the refrigeration, water starts freezing into ice in just a few minutes.
- The excess water in the tray will be automatically diverted into the reservoir.
- Once the ice is ready, it will automatically start accumulating into the bucket and the indicator will light up when the bucket is full.
- The unused water in the tray will be repeated in the same process to make the next batch of ice or will be drained out through the outlet valve depending upon the ice maker you are using.
- The system shuts off automatically indicating the first batch of ready ice.
How to use a portable ice maker?
Here are steps to use a portable ice maker:
- The first step is to connect your unit to a power outlet.
- Then pour water into the reservoir and fill it to a standard level.
- Now check on the display panel to select your preferred ice size and press the button to initiate the ice-making process.
- Some machines also have a transparent lid to let you watch the process and your ice will be ready in a few minutes.
- Once the bucket is full, the sensor will automatically shut off the process.
How to reset portable ice maker?
A faulty icemaker within few months of its purchase is any buyer’s nightmare.
By following some simple steps, you can reset your portable ice making unit at home without any professional help.
Some possible reasons for your machine not making enough ice or producing smaller size is lack of enough water, unhygienic interior, or defective pumping.
The first step is to fix any issues with the power outlet (if any), followed by gauging the water supply, possible leakages, and the ice level which may require expert assistance.
This whole troubleshooting though is time-consuming but a savior in avoiding unwanted expenses.
Portable ice makers are now the most dependable medium to get instant ice cubes in few minutes.
These affordable kitchen appliances are a perfect replacement for bulky refrigerators and freezers.
From house parties to camping and hiking, these compact ice-making machines make sure you never run out of sufficient supply.
Simply fill the reservoir and wait for the magic to happen.
The latest ice makers are coupled with sensors, timers, and other brilliant features offering a quick way to make hassle-free ice.
With such smart functionalities, these home living appliances have made their way in every kitchen, office, and bar.
We hope that this review and buying guide will help you choose the best portable ice maker for your home parties, outdoor vacations like camping and hiking, or for any other purposes.
Do let us know which one you are buying.