Does the weekend remind you of how clean is your house?
Sure it does, when you know that your nest reflects your taste but can’t manage enough cleaning time from your packed work schedule.
We know that as the weekend approaches you get concerned about how to keep a clean house while working full time as sometimes office work demands your attention even on weekends.
Don’t worry, this is the most common struggle of every busy bee just like you.
Home is where we rush for comfort and some “me time” after a hectic day.
And for such obvious reasons, it needs to be at least organized, if not sparkling all the time.
If you are working and looking for some time-saving home cleaning hacks to maintain a healthy home environment, then you have clicked it right.
We are going to talk about how you can stay motivated to keep your room, kitchen, bathroom, and living area clean even if you have no time to clean so that you stay healthy at home.
But before that let’s understand why is it important to keep our home neat and clean.
Why Should We Keep Our House Clean?
Glad you asked.
We are happy to help and even happier that you haven’t asked your parents, you might get an earful.
As mentioned before how your home expresses the real you and in order to maintain a healthy living environment it must be kept well organized.
Even if not before COVID-19, then surely now while working from home you have felt how your home can impact your life.
An untidy interior with a thick layer of dirt hovering around not only looks gross but also welcomes diseases and degrades the indoor air quality.
To balance between daily home cleaning and your work, make a simple routine to relieve yourself from this stress.
The two simple mantras are
- Keep your home simple – Do not pack your home with unnecessary stuff that you do not use, it will simply add to your pile of cleaning.
- Clean as you go – This means you should make your bed as soon as you wake up, clean the kitchen and utensils as you use them, wipe water from the bathroom floor quickly after use.
These two simple cleaning methods will keep your home organized and sparkling clean without adding to your pile of work.
This brings us to the next question on how you can motivate yourself to clean your home.
How to Get the Energy to Clean the House?
What if you are super busy?
We all know that not every day is the same.
Some days you may not have even a couple of minutes to spare and on weekends you feel like resting but you have a home that needs cleaning.
Getting motivated in keeping the house clean when working full time seems impossible.
But resting on a dirty couch or bed may negatively impact you and your family’s wellbeing.
In order to stay healthy and keep a healthy living environment at home, you can do a couple of things.
To begin with, following the trend of ‘less is more’ may relieve you from the stress of perfect house cleaning.
If you are single or having a small family, then average size apartments or home with some essential belongings and furniture makes cleaning easier and satisfying.
The lesser the stuff the easier it is to manage your energy for weekly cleaning even for large homes.
Now, let’s look at the step-by-step process to clean your whole house.
How to Clean Your House Step By Step While Working Full-Time
Here are some simple steps for a perfect house cleaning.
Let’s look at them in detail.
Simple Steps To Clean Your Room While Working Full-Time
Make sure in the rush of cleaning home and managing work you are not pushing yourself harder.
Here’s how you can clean your room step-by-step:
- Utilize the calm morning hours and start your day slow by organizing your bed and pillows.
- Avoid any unwanted decorative pieces in your room that tend to collect dust and harmful pollutants from outside.
- Once you leave the bed, grab a broom or a vacuum and start cleaning the areas that are mostly used, remember the mantra – clean as you go.
- Skip daily floor wiping and go for spot cleaning if you detect any stubborn stain on the floor.
- To clean extremely dirty linens or curtains, try doing the laundry in small portions before bedtime or you can collect them in a basket for deep cleansing on the weekends.
- You can also include air purifiers in your room to remove indoor allergens and any unpleasant odors to maintain a healthy home environment.
- Try sun drying the bedsheets and the pillowcases after every wash to stay germ-free.
Quick Steps To Clean Your Kitchen Even When You Have No Time To Clean
The kitchen is where you visit right after waking up to make your morning coffee.
An organized kitchen makes it easier for you to get hold of the required essentials during rush hours.
Here are simple steps on how you can clean your kitchen step-by-step:
- Irrespective of your kitchen size, try including basic appliances that you need the most on daily basis.
- Clean and organize the utensils after each uses so that the huge pile of used plates in the sink doesn’t spoil your mood.
- If you are a resident of an extremely humid region, your kitchen needs a dehumidifier to prevent moisture damage.
- After every cooking, don’t forget to clean the countertop that has a fair chance of getting stained by vegetable and fruit juices or oil splutter.
- When you have no time to clean the kitchen, reserve your off day for a deep cleansing including the sink pipes and the chimneys.
- Close the drawers and cabinets properly to keep dirt away.
Easy Steps To Clean Your Bathroom While Working Full-Time
A satisfying morning shower is the best way to start your day but not in a nasty-smelling bathroom.
For obvious reasons, bathrooms tend to smell real bad if you are ignorant about their hygiene.
Hence, we are suggesting some effective and simple steps to help cleaning your bathroom.
- Remove dirty decorative pieces and empty bottles from the shelf.
- Always keeps some cleansing agent like bleaching powder or vinegar in the bathroom that you can use to instantly remove the slime and the slippery floor.
- Flush properly every time and find ways to keep your bathroom well ventilated.
- A dehumidifier can be of great help to get rid of dripping bathroom walls and a musty smell.
- Occasionally clean the shower by dipping it for a while in a plastic bag with vinegar and warm water mix. Leave, till the solution turns murky, and then remove the bag to run the shower normally.
Simple Steps To Clean Your Living Room To Maintain A Healthy Home Environment
The living room is the most used yet the most ignored area, deprived of proper cleaning.
And if you are working full-time, then the hygiene issue starts right from the doormat to the dirty shoes that are all stuffed in the living room.
But with these simple cleaning steps, you can maintain a healthy living room.
- Put off your shoes before entering your home. Place a rack or a closet right outside the main entrance and keep your shoes locked in there.
- Keep the room décor minimal yet stylish by including limited furniture and by keeping the showpieces in a transparent glass closet.
- Try dry wipe the TV and other electronic appliances with a clean cloth at least thrice a week or whenever possible.
- Vacuum clean the sofa, cushions, and carpets to keep allergens away, which you can easily do with the music on.
- Lastly, if you are extremely packed, avoid having a pet as it can double up your cleaning trouble and worries.
Hope you have got a fair idea of how to keep a clean house while working full-time with the above simple cleaning steps.
You are already aware of how clean your house is, the only thing you need is the energy and motivation to clean your whole house which includes room, kitchen, living room, and bathroom.
For perfect house cleaning follow the above steps and tips diligently and you will have a healthy and sparkling living environment at home.
Your well-organized home not only earns you accolades but also helps you deal with daily life stress.
We know the struggle of working folks like you who are balancing the personal and professional space and hence we have chalked out some simple home cleaning steps that you can easily apply on a daily basis.
After all, your organized home plays a key role in helping you get back to work every day with a smiling face.
We hope that this article has solved your most pressing concern of keeping a clean house while working full-time.
Let us know how it has panned out for you in the comment section.